Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Let's go back to the Good Old Days


Jake took all of his money from Birthday, Christmas and Rodeo.   He has loved driving his pony around his goal is to get the pony broke enough to sell pony cart rides.  It is so fun to watch the boys work together and figure things out.  Fae wants nothing to do with the cart and horse days she is all about her roller blades after all, they are the ice skates for concrete! This last few months I have really got into family history.  I don't just want to do their history I really want to know their stories and know them.   This last weekend while at my Grandpa and Grandmas we read stories about my great great great grandparents who moved their family to the farm and raised cows and chickens, they sold eggs and beef.   As I was reading Jake was enthralled in learning that his love of animals was an inherited gift. Dan's Aunt sent us her memories of her dad and him and Zeak loved learning where their love of horses and dancing came from.   So fun to see my kids loving the good old days and wanting to learn more about them.  Then taking what they learn and relive them in the 20th century!

No comments: