Monday, May 4, 2009

Craziness

In case anyone is wondering.  Life has been a little on the crazy side.  It usually is at the Cowboy house  (as Ashlyn would call it.)  The last to weeks have been very full.   Two weeks ago I started hunting turkeys.  I went and took video of my brother Dusty two years ago and loved it so I finally drew a tag this year.   Let me just say that for a mom to go on a weekend trip to video is the smart way to go.   It is just not real practical for a mom to leave everyone and everything and keep things rolling the way they should.   Monday and Tues Dan and I left the kids with friends.  Thanks Ange and Tina and went to Fillmore fully convinced we would be home by Tues night at the latest and move on with the rest of the crazy week.  Sadly there were a lot of things I forgot to put into my equation like, other HUNTERS, 4 wheelers, first really nice weather for all kinds of people to be out, and last the lack of nice weather for the turkey to be really active.   So things did not go as planned.  I will spare you all of the details because it makes me fighting mad.   (Call Dan if you really must know.) By Tuesday mid-day I was fed up so we called my Dad decided to go to one last spot and head home.   It was really fun being with Dan and hunting with just him.   We had some good conversations and a lot of quiet time since we were hunting.  When we got home I had some vinyl that needed to be done so I got to work on it well that was the second madding moment to my week.  For some reason everything seemed to crash.  I was in a bad way I had blinds to order and vinyl to print.   So after much anxiety I finally called for professional help and it took the  rest of the weekend to get my computer running.  Thanks to all my customers who were so understanding.   Dan found a horse on the internet and decided we needed to run to Tremonton Friday night.  The only good thing that come from that is Zeak helping Rachel warm up her horses and visiting Grandma and Grandpa.   Thanks to Brenda for keeping Kaci and sitting through a dance rehearsal.   We hurried home Saturday to watch Kaci in her first Dance review and then Dan decide we should run to Fillmore Sunday night and try one last morning for a Turkey.  My computer was still under the weather and would be until Monday morning so we took the kids and went to Fillmore.    We had a nice visit Sunday night with my Best Friend Sara and Travis and that was the only real success.   We planted the garden monday night and then the rest of the week was spent catching up on vinyl orders, blind order, and jobs on Dan's list.   Friday I spent the day with Jake at the ZOO.   It was a blast.   I will do a blog on that alone.  We finished catching up vinyl and got the blinds installed on Saturday and then we were able to visit with all Dan's family who were here for Kaleb and Carters blessing.  From the long blog you can see it was eventful and for the most part we survived with only a few casualties.  I never did get my turkey which I feel bad about and I know Dan feels bad I just told him until the kids are older I think I will leave the hunting to him.   Now that this blog is complete I feel a huge weight gone and can focus on cleaning up what was neglected the last several days.  If you are still reading thanks for unwinding with me your awesome.  




Zeak in seventh Heaven he is on a horse at a high school rodeo with the best looking cowgirl in the world!  Thanks for sharing you're evening  with us Rachel it made our trip worth it.   We will always have a fun story to retell as well! 
Dan was so awesome to carry most of the load set out the decoys, set up the blind, and he can call with the best of them.  Thanks for the good memories.  

Now this says it all Jake is a little chick magnet he was the only boy with 6 girls.  I think that is how it usually is.  

Alan, Suzanne, Carter, Ashlyn, and Kaleb GEE  Thanks for the Party it was a fun day.   

1 comment:

Jense Family said...

Better luck next time on the hunting. Glad you made the best of it!