Thursday, May 3, 2012

Runnaway Grandma



I mentioned we took the pony and the cart out on the desert with us.   The kids had a blast with him all weekend.   Saturday they convinced grandma she needed to go for a ride with ALL of them.   Jake was leading him most of the way.   The little hill to the main rode was a bit much for him so they all got out and walked up the hill.    The bottom picture was the last we saw them for quite awhile.  I got busy visiting with the Stallings when I heard my two youngest children screaming.   As a mom you get trained on how to interpret each different scream for each child and by both screams I knew there was a major problem.  Their scream got closer and I saw blue running with the cart Jake and Kaci were running behind him.  Susan Andrew and Maddison were on I knew this was not good so I was running for them.   Susan said  that Jake dropped the one rein and got off to get it.   When he got off Blue turned and ran Susan had Andrew on her lap and knew she needed to stop the pony so she convinced Andrew to sit on the seat and she got on her knees to reach for the rein.  She could reach the rein but was able to reach blues tail which she grabbed.  Not liking his tail grabbed blue kicked her.   She was finally able to reach the rein and pull him to a stop.   I felt so horrible.   Kaci was still hanging on the back when blue took off and Susan yelled at her to let go.   The outcome could have been so much worse but as it was Susan has a few bruises but everyone else was just scared.  Dan took Blue out and made him mind and then got everyone but grandma back on for a ride.   I don't blame her at all.  We will probably never get Grandma back on the pony cart but it will be a great story for generations.

No comments: