Wednesday, May 2, 2012

April came and went


Seriously where did the month of April go?  



 We have been calving forever.  I guess when your herd is small it is a longer process because is so far between them.   We only have 3 more to go.    This will give us a total of 10.   We have lots of first time  moms this year and from the photo above you can see that one decided she didn't want to be a mom.   It happens with cows not just humans.   I really have a hard time with this concept but try as we might we couldn't convince her to change her awful ways.   She would be so mean to her baby and push her and kick her away.    After a week of trying the mom up so she couldn't hurt her baby and going to help the baby twice a day we gave in and just brought her home.   The kids love having a baby to bottle feed.  It is the one chore they fight over.  




 The month started with a fun wedding weekend.   Paul Sperry and Ari Richards got married.   I helped decorate and Dan and Meggan sang while Jeron accompanied them on the guitar.   It was Dan's first wedding gig and he was a nervous wreck.   On our way to the temple he was telling me he couldn't do it when I had the brilliant idea for him to have Meggan sing with.  He loved it called her and she rode home from the temple with us.   They did an amazing job.  The day was beautiful, Paul and Ari were so adorable and looked to happy it was an honor to spend the day with them. 




We had a great Easter and Spring Break.    For Easter we went out to Young Living Farm and enjoyed their Easter festivities  then Dan and the boys went out to the church ranch and doctored calves,   Kaci and I went to Spanish Fork to my cousins little boys Baptism.   It was so fun to see my family.   Easter Sunday was a different day than our usual.   We usually go to Grandma Nelson and have dinner and an Easter Egg hunt but this year she didn't have it.   Dan had signed up to have the Missionaries over for dinner so we took them to his moms house for dinner and the kids did an Easter Egg hunt for the Missionaries.   They filled the eggs and even put scriptures in some of them.   Then they hid the eggs.   They also hunted the eggs.   I am pretty sure the missionaries were thinking they were to old for an egg hunt at first but then I think they enjoyed it.  
Spring Break went by fast.  Kaci was sick most of her spring break the boys went out on the desert with Byron and Susan a day early then Dan, Kaci,and I joined them.   We loaded the trailer with everything.   The boys convinced Dan to take the pony cart out there.   I am not a fan of this family tradition.  I do not enjoy the desert at all much to my families dismay.    This year Dan was awesome and took just ME on a horse ride that was the highlight of my trip.   Then I learned an addicting game of cash cow on the ipad I drained poor Andrews battery twice and Madison's once.   


The rest of the month was filled with Campaigning.   My father-in-law has decided to run for County Commissioner.    Dan has been big into politics the last 2 years and so he has helped his dad a lot.   This year when he attended the coccus meeting he was elected as a delegate along with my dear friend Tina.     They both looked so official all dressed up with name badges and all the night of the coccus meetings.   I wish I would have had my camera.   Dan  really enjoyed this experience and looks forward to more events like this.   He has been a huge support to his dad throughout this campaign setting up meetings with other delegates and talking to people himself.    I helped him set up a facebook page and also did his flyer for him.   

No comments: