Saturday, December 31, 2011

O Christmas Tree



This is my Christmas tree for 2011.   This is not characteristic of me and my decorating style.   I normally have at least two trees and I have been know to have a tree in every room before.   So the fact that my tree was bare for most of December was quite alarming to many in my life.   Kaci even found some bows and odd ornaments in my office which she used to help the bare tree.   In the center of the the tree was a vinyl that I created with a nativity scence and it says Christ is the Reason for the Season.   I had no desire for more than that simple phrase and scene on my tree with the lights.   For me the lights are the most important part of the tree.  I put out my nativities and the boys decorated down stairs but this year I wanted to focus more on the spirit and the celebration of the Savior.   I am not sure how well this was accomplished but I tried.   There was a huge emptiness inside of me this year that I can not explain yet I created many memories.  Finally, New years eve I found a fun idea online and decided to use it.   I decorated the tree with things my family loves and tied money and small gifts to the tree with a note.   This was fun and the kids even Zeak loved it.     2012 I hope my tree is decorated again and the emptiness is gone.  Regardless of if it is or not the tree will be decorated fun for the New year.    This is a fun tradition I want to carry on. 

No comments: