Friday, August 26, 2011

Taking a Warm Bath

These to adorable kids were being little missionaries at the soccer game last night. Jake has a friend who is afraid to get baptized and we were talking with the family last night. Pretty soon the kids caught on to the conversation and took matters into their own hands. They were asking her why she was afraid and doing their best to calm all of her fears. This morning as I was reflecting on the conversation I had a part of the conversation hit me and I had to share. First, I shared it with Nan's mom because every mom needs to know they are getting through to their kids. Now, I am sharing with all of you because it is so pure, sweet, and simple.

Jake said, "There is nothing to be afraid of it is like taking a warm bath." Then every time you take the sacrament and go back to primary you get to take that warm bath again!"

I love this analogy that baptism is like taking a warm bath but what I love even more is that every Sunday we have the privilege of taking that warm bath again. Thanks Jake for teaching me and sharing it with your family and friends. You and Nan are amazing missionaries!

1 comment:

Jill said...

I needed that today. Those two really are just great friends with such fun personalities. Thanks for sharing....