Friday, August 19, 2011

Back To School 2011








I am going to be completed honest this year I struggled with sending my kids back to school. I had a goal this summer that didn't get accomplished and that was part of my hesitation. I had some serious anxiety over sending Zeak to the Junior High. It was so bad that I didn't sleep for a few nights. The day before we had a rodeo and the week before was the county fair so I was very unprepared for the first day of school. We did the necessities of school shopping 3 hours before heading to the rodeo. This made me crazy literally. Thank goodness the rodeo ended in good time or it might have been my ticket to the insane asylum. I got the kids up and ready for school the next morning in enough time for Dan to give them all a fathers blessing before heading out the door. Zeak was so independent and wanted to walk to the bus stop alone. I let him go alone but as soon as I thought he was there I jumped in the car to take photos. Then it was back home to get the other two ready for school. I was a little bit nervous about the reality of doing my little girls hair but the sad truth is she hates it when I do her hair. She will let anyone else including her dad do her hair. So I convinced her to let me at least curl it a little and put a bow in it. The next fight was that she didn't want a Father's Blessing? She is terrified of them. I don't understand because she has watched the boys and Jake even went before her and nothing happened but she through a screaming fit. Finally we were ready and out the door to get the Williams' for some traditional back to school photos. Tina was even dressed and went into the classroom with Kaci and Kyler. When we picked them up from school there was nothing but smiles. Tina and I walked up to get Kaci and Kyler and we stopped for a short visit at Delora's. We had lunch together and then played while waiting for the time to get Keanna and Jake. What a relief everyone loved their teacher and was excited about being back in school. My favorite quote of the day was from Zeak, "mom I love Junior High it is way better than elementary school I don't have to sit in the same room, at the same desk, with the same teacher all day." Yay I fill a LITTLE (very little) better about sending him to Junior High. This morning when I went to take him to the bus because we were a little late getting up. He said, "mom why did you follow me yesterday?" I said, "because I wanted photos of you getting on the bus is that alright." He said, "yes just don't do it again please.!" My kids are growing up! They don't need me anymore I am mostly alright with it but, there is a part of me that is really sad about this new stage in our life!

1 comment:

suzy said...

Kaci looks so sweet in her back to school pictures. The glasses make her look so much older. I can not believe that Zeak is going to JR.high. It makes me feel so old!