Sunday, October 3, 2010

So Blessed




http://new.lds.org/general-conference?lang=eng


I missed listening to conference yesterday because we were with Zeak at the Junior High Rodeo. I came home and watched as much as I could last night. This morning we got up and Jake and Kaci immediately asked for their conference packets. So before finishing breakfast I ran to my computer and printed off some pages of several different packets. One page struck me and I wish I would have had time to do it myself. While finishing breakfast I had the kids think of some questions they had and would like answered during conference. As a parent this is always a little nerve racking wondering if they grasp the gospel and life. I was pleasantly surprised by their questions. Then hoping my exercise would not be in vain and they would get their answers I listened to conference waiting for their answers so I could help point them out. The morning session didn't touch on them profound enough but in the afternoon their answers came very clear. What a testimony builder for me. How amazing is it that we have technology that allows us to get answers to our life questions from our Heavenly Father through a living prophet. How blessed we are! Did my kids hear and understand their answers? I don't think they did but the beautiful thing is now I can use those talks and teach them from those talks in the months to come and they will hear, understand, and receive answers to their questions. I am so grateful for general conference, for President Monson, and for the knowledge I have of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. I truly am blessed in many ways because of this knowledge and the knowledge I continue to gain through listening and following the prophets of today.

No comments: