Sunday, August 22, 2010

Saturday is a Speical Day



There is a primary song that has been in my head lately. Saturday is a Special Day! When I was young I thought this was a funny song to sing. Now that I am older and wiser I see how true this song is and the meaning is deeper. This summer there has been two Saturdays where we have worked hard all day cleaning inside and out. Everyone has worked together and we have accomplished much more than I expected. We have even left time for play. Back in July the kids had worked really hard. They were hot and tired. I had told Dan we were done and needed to play with them. Pretty soon he came in and said where are those boys we are not done. I was so confused and watched as he yelled out them for leaving the hose on the lawn running. I was so confused because it was him that had left the hose on pretty soon there was a full on water fight with hoses and cups. The perfect ending to a hot work day in July. We cleaned up and had a BBQ and enjoyed our clean yard and house. That relaxing and enjoyment carried over into Sunday. This weekend was a similar experience. We worked hard all day then went shopping Saturday night. We saved our fun for Sunday with a BBQ and friends. The older I get the wiser my Father in Heaven becomes and the more I really on his simple teaching such as this simple primary song to bring joy and happiness to my life.

Saturday is a special day.
It’s the day we get ready for Sunday:
We clean the house, and we shop at the store,
So we won’t have to work until Monday.
We brush our clothes, and we shine our shoes,
And we call it our get-the-work-done day.
Then we trim our nails, and we shampoo our hair,
So we can be ready for Sunday!




No comments: