Monday, January 7, 2013

Happy New Year


Well here it is the 7th of January good thing I didn't make any New Years Resolutions about blogging everyday or any other crazy resolution I couldn't keep.  

For New Years Kaci took her new Art Kit and her and I created this 2013 page.   She said, "mom wouldn't it be cool if every year we start with something like this for the title page in all my art books?"  I agree it would be cool and I love her enthusiasm for art and the new year.  I wish I shared her same enthusiasm.  I have a hard time letting go of the Holidays and what they bring into my life.  Therefor I go into a little depression and have a hard time taking down my Christmas.   This year one by one my strand of lights on my tree started going out right after Christmas so Saturday I took that as a sign and removed all the Christmas decorations from my house.   Jake is definitely my kid and put up quite the protest.   That night as him and I were listening to Dan read the scriptures he looked up at me and said I guess its nice to have are normal house back isn't mom.    So here is to having our normal house back.   The new year has come with the unbearable cold and chill of January.   Yet my heart is full of peace and love for the things our family can learn and the opportunities that await us throughout 2013.

No comments: