Thursday, October 4, 2012

The Sunshine in my soul!


 I love this photo!  The smile on my face lets you know I am happy!
 And this smile!
 Pizza Sauce
 swimming
 gardening

 Bathing Horses
 Sleep overs in the tent
 Barrel Racing with my kids
 Doctoring calves

The things that bring sunshine to my soul!  And why my house is not picture perfect that's why there is no picture of it! :)   Spending time with my family!   Helping my kids and their friends in the barn.   My milk cow!  Cooking!  My garden and harvesting the produce in it!  Making bottles for babies.   Taking photos of my life.  

I just read an article that really hit home my average day goes like this!   I get up get my kids out of bed and doing the chores outside.   I then make breakfast for everyone.  Most (not everyday) days I try to have a warm home cooked breakfast.   I ship the kids out the door.  Then who know what happens for the next few hours until everyone gets home that is still a work in progress.   At 3 we work on homework, shuttle kids to various activities, most days we end up with a trailer load of horses and a chute full of cattle that take a good 2-3 hours of my time.   I am backing trailers which I am getting pretty good at if I do say so myself.   Saddling horses, loading chutes, sometimes I even get to ride!   Then we rush home and do chores in the dark,  doctor horses, milk the cow and I begin dinner.   By this time I am having serious guilt because it is after 10pm and my children need to be in bed so we hurry and have scripture study and prayer and ship them off to bed.   What I hope my children will know and remember is that their mom loved them.   She took time to help them develop skills that would help them survive and live life to the fullest.   Sometimes it was more stressful than other but we were together and we were learning and growing.   I hope they will remember the practices, the meals, and the homework, and also the special times when I would swim with them, read books, and take them to different events.  I want my kids to know I love them and that all of this does and can bring sunshine to my soul!

No comments: