Wednesday, May 25, 2011

This Son of Mine

Zeak turned 12 in February. I am not ready for this grown up little boy to move to the next phase of life. He on the other hand is so excited and can not wait. The two Sundays before he was ordained to the office of a Deacon, he would study the Deacons and ask lots of questions. He could hardly wait to meet with the Bishop and be ordained. I truly hope he keeps his enthusiasm for life and the gospel. He is a boy with one of the biggest hearts in the world. He truly wants to be good, he wants good friends, he wants to do what is right, and he wants to be happy and have everyone around him Happy. As a mom you always worry about your kids and you are always the hardest on them. Hearing criticism about them is painful and maddening. At the same time your heart jumps for joy and the grin on your face at the sound of praise is everlasting. So watching this boys of mine I often feel like I am on a roller coaster. Even though I am sad that he is moving to the next phase of life because, this means he wont need me as much as he once did, I am excited to see where life takes him. (There is that roller coaster again.) Today is his last day of sixth grade. So goodbye elementary, Hello Junior High!!! What I want most for Zeak to keep his loving heart and be the best he can be. Always Choose the Right no matter what. He teaches me daily and I am so grateful he honors his priesthood! I love him very much and am so grateful for him being MY SON!

1 comment:

suzy said...

I can't believe he is 12. Your kids are growing up too fast!