Friday, April 29, 2011

Cause for a Royal Dinner




I don't watch much TV and when I do it is usually a brief glimpse at the weather. I knew there was going to be a Royal Wedding but I had no idea when until the night before. I wish I would have been a little more on top of things but none the less we took the opportunity for a little party. As I was watching the wedding earlier in the morning I thought why don't we have a royal dinner and then watch the wedding as a family. I was overall impressed with the wedding. She was modest, graceful, he was handsome and they seemed to be very much in Love. Even though theirs was a wedding with lots of people and publicity I thought it was very intimate and tasteful. Kaci was really excited and wanted to invite some friends over. She even when over and got Ty to dress up since the Durbins' let her down. We had homemade french toast with buttermilk syrup, and bacon. It was so delicious. Pretty sure it was on the Royal dinner menu but it should have been. Then we watched the wedding. The kids were not nearly as into as I was but they humored me. The dads even enjoyed it. This gave us a great teaching moment to talk about marriages and the differences between a temple marriage and civil marriage. We read teh book My Wedding Day by, Debra Pace Rowley. This was a simple explanation of a temple wedding with beautiful illustrations.



I am so grateful for my temple wedding. I am grateful for the covenants and promises we made. A temple marriage doesn't make marriage easier or less work it makes it even more work because their is more on the line. "Happiness in family life is most likely to be achieved when founded upon the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ. Successful marriages and families are established and maintained on principles of faith, prayer, repentance, forgiveness, respect, love, compassion, work, and wholesome recreational activities." http://lds.org/family/proclamation?lang=eng
I am so grateful for the knowledge I have of our Heavenly Fathers plan and blessing it is and can be to My Eternal Family. I know that Families Can be Together Forever!

No comments: